Friday 7 March 2008

Week 9

For my final week I have been putting the finishing touches to my short animation piece. I found that I worked really hard and well on this project, the fact I only had myself to rely on was both easier and harder at the same time. I find that in this project my work had developed to a higher standard because I was working on my own I had to pick up the pace and create a short story.
Good things:
I found that my modelling had become more detailed and better understanding on how to model better within Maya8, the texture I find that I am making progress with UV mapping in photo shop, than I was on the last project. Also because I found character modelling hard, which was mainly the face I worked on that more than anything because I needed to prove to myself I could so things without the help from others.
Bad things:
I do need to work on character animation, I did try my best to design my two characters but it was let down I believe because my animation was to stiff and that could take away from the movie, but on the other hand making the animation the way I did made my animation appeal to what I was trying to produce and that was having a memory and by have the two characters in a slow and them not moving around so much gave the idea of the characters being in the past or in a dream, so in away the animation could work, but I do want to get better in developing animating character more.

the editing and sound went really well, I only used music to get the element of a love story in a way and by using the editing program I think made the short animation better because I was able to cut up the film and add in black shorts to chop up the film to create time passing.

What I would do again:
If I was to do it again I really want to work on my animation so I think I'll develop characters, a good rig and texture them and to just animation and maybe not create an environment to have more time making it better.

what I have learnt:
I learnt how to model, texture, get better in after effects, character modelling, character texture, character animation and developing a short animation piece that I'm very proud of. The one thing that I mainly learnt was texture characters, I have never done this before and it was a new thing I learnt this year.

what I have achieved:
I achieved what I set out to do and that was to develop two scenes with UV mapping textures along with developing two characters faces, which I wanted to work on and make better. A short animation piece by myself. I am so happy with what I have made, even if it doesn't look good to others I found that I achieved a personal goal.

From my work timetable I made for myself it helped to work out what I needed to do for what days, I did keep to my timetable and did sometimes do more than I should have done for certain weeks but then when problems accrued I was able to sort them out without falling behind.

No comments: